Δευτέρα 24 Μαΐου 2010

OPI mini haul!

This blog post was written almost 2 months ago but I never actually posted it on my blog because... I've been a bad girl! A very bad bad girl! For neglecting my blog of course, what on earth did you think??? LOL! So here it goes...

A few days ago (make that months ago!) I got off ebay 3 OPI polishes: Mod about you, Baguette me not and Go on Green.
It's the first time I buy OPI polishes simply because they are fairly expensive here (I think 10 to 12€ at Sephora) and I'm not keen on spending a lot for a nail polish. But I came across an ebay seller that sells them at 4,95$ (depending on the shade they can be a bit more than that) and I though it was a great opportunity to try them.
So far I'm liking them mainly for two reasons: I like the big brush and the lasting power!

Mod about you:



It is a beautiful baby pink opaque color, perfect for spring! You only need two coats and it dries fast enough. The above swatch has also one top coat (out of the door by inm).


Baguette me not:



It is part of “La Collection de France” and it is described as a “burnt rosy coral”! It is a very nice color, not as opaque as “Mod about you”, but definitely not sheer. I would say it is more of a fall/winter color although I don't think that will stop from wearing it this spring. Brush and staying power are of the same standard as the previous polish.

I don't have a swatch for “Go on green” yet, but you can see it featuring on my fingernails here .

Do you like very opaque colors or do you think they're just tipp-ex with a hint of color? (I had to quote this line too!)

xoxo!

8 σχόλια:

  1. Lol at your last line! ;) :)))

    Can I just say that I ADORE your nails? Great shape!

    Love Mod About You on your nails, I think it looks great against your skintone, somehow I 've skipped it, despite it being so popular among beauty bloggers!

    I like my nail polish to go opaque, but if there's way too much white in it (which often happens with pastel shades), I 'll more likely pass..!

    xoxo

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Thank you sweetie! Unfortunately one of them broke so I had to cut them short now, but luckily nails do grow back!!! xoxo!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Gorgeous colours! I especially love the Mod About You. Great nail shape xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Thelw n dokimasw k egw t marka alla kathe fora pou paw sephora k blepw t 14€ feugw!!! Tsimpimena poly!
    Aksizei n t dwsw gia ena xrwma pou tha forousa sunexeia as poume?

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. @ Olivia: Thank you so much sweetie, Mod about you is my favorite too! xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. @ LeLi: Giati na dwseis tosa afou mporeis na ta pareis apo ebay me to 1/3 tis timis? Exw dwsei ki egw 2 fores sti zwi mou gyrw sta 25eurw gia mano (ena channel kai ena Helena Rubinstein) k den to ksanakanw! Kai synexeia na to foras (pou den paizei giati tha to varetheis), mano einai k kapoia stigmi tha xalasei! Ebay kai pali ebay!!! :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. I adore this pink colour!! So pretty! I prefer opaque colours, actually I don't like when my nail is showing under the nail polish!
    I think ebay is the best deal for opi, essie or any other expensive brand. It's hard to bump into fakes.
    xxxx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. @ Marietta: Thanks sweetie, I also prefer opaque colors, and I like it when it's only two coats! I can't sit around waiting for my nails to dry...
    And yes, ebay has been a saviour, at least for us Greek girls!
    xxx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή