Κυριακή 5 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010

Day 2 - "taratsa" partying!!!

Last night I went to a “Taratsa party” (taratsa is greek for terrace) and I needed a bit of glamour but not too much, since it was not a formal party. I wore a dress with sequins over the bust and paired it with some gold wedges I got this summer.
Although the weather is still nice here in the morning and noon, at night it gets a bit chilly. And as the party was held at a terrace, I took a light pink pashmina with me, just in case. I’m glad I did, because not only was it chilly, it started to rain too!!! Luckily the rain lasted about 5 minutes or so, just enough to add a little suspense to the party.
When I got there I realized that there was a theme. They called the terrace “Love boat” and I wish I had been more careful when I got the invitation, cause I could have put together a navy or pin-up style outfit. But anyway, not that many guests were dressed accordingly, so my outfit was more than ok for the party.
I did have a pin-up style make up though! I did a winged eyeliner with gold eyeshadow (pigment) to match my dress, and orangey-red lips.
I kept the accessories simple because I didn’t want to overload the outfit. I already had sequins on!
So, here it is:




Dress: ZARA
Shoes: www.cutesygirl.com
Bag: Mango
Accessories: pashmina, bangles and earrings bought from random accessories shops in my city




Face: Avon perfectwear foundation mixed with a pump of Mac's Studio Fix Fluid, ELF HD powder, Kryolan camouflage concealer
Eyes: Mac frostlite fluidline as base, NYX ultra pearl mania pigment in nude pearl, NYX highlight e/s, Korres black eyeliner, Avon super extend mascara combined with Benefit Badgal lash
Cheeks: Mac peaches blush
Lips: Art Deco lipliner 25, Carlo di Roma lipgloss No27

Did you do anything last night? Do you like theme parties?

xxx

4 σχόλια:

  1. Hah, it would be impossible for me to wear that here, I 've been sleeping with a cotton blanket and it feels too cold even with that at nights (shorts are out of the question)!!!

    You look super cute and I adore the golden shadow/winged liner look! ;)

    xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. @ tina_mbc: Yes, I know, it's much colder in your area. I guess you can still wear shorts here but not for long. We will have to say goodbye to our summer clothes pretty soon...
    xxx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. I love, love, love oyur eyeliner. I really need to practice to be able to do mine that well.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. @ Primp and Preen: Thanks! It's my job so I'm supposed to be able to get it right! But don't worry, practice makes better and just remember that with your eye shape you'd better apply it with your eyes open. Hooded eyes like yours (and mine) are more tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it'll be ok. xxx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή